Monday, February 1, 2010

I have got to watch my mouth while I'm at school.

So a few weeks ago, I realized that I have to watch what I say to a room full of 8th graders. We somehow got on the topic of mothers who leave there babies in a cart a walk away, not too far, but they walk away some. I said that when Kailyn was a baby I kept my hand on the cart at ALL TIMES, but I would sometimes see women who would walk away real quick to go grab something and I used to have the urge to stick a post it note on the baby's forehead that said "I could have just stolen your baby." I never did it of course, I mean, there has to be some negative side effects of that. Well the girls in my classs think that it is a great idea! They want to go to Wal-Mart and look for abandoned babies and stick post its on their foreheads. I have told them that they can't do that, they'd get in trouble. I have to strt watching my mouth. Can you imagine if you turned your back for a second to get a bag of chips just to turn back and see your baby with a sticky note on them? That would definately make an impression.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do believe it would make a mother's heart sink. I've encountered 2 year olds alone in the store and looked all around for a sign of a parent to no avail. UUGGHHH! A Post It seems like a good idea to me. :)