Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby it's cold outside.

The joys of ice....
I really have enjoyed the weather lately. Some of my favorite things about the bad weather are....
-you can skip errands,and have a good excuse to do so
-it is a good reason to hold your kids hand and RUN into the store (literally run)
-for some reason it is always funny when you slip around
-The dog just doesn't seem to know to walk on it. She just prances around on it.
-Warm baked goods are a necessity (like I need an excuse to eat sweets)

I even get a kick out of driving on ice. I mean I obey ALL of those silly traffic laws when the road is covered in a nice smooth sheet of ice. I actually went 20mph down the road, I don't think I've ever done that before, even though that is the posted speed limit. I also obeyed the "safe following distance" rule, even though I usually ignore it (no, I don't drive on your butt, but I am close enough to get a good look at it. Not to mention actually checking the intersection before going through it, just in case someone else isn't stopping.

This being said, I can't wait for spring.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Thankfully we didn't get much "winter weather" here but it really is cold!! I like the cold too when I can stay home in warm fuzzy socks, reading books or watching movies!! I thought about yall when they mentioned Conway on the news this morning. Guess your girl enjoyed the day off school huh!

Martindale News said...

It has been fun to stay home today and do all those things I need to catch up on. Lights on the tree, addressing Christmas cards, baking goodies etc. tomorrow, back to work again (maybe)

Cindi said...

i can't wait for spring either. :)