Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DWI Kills?

So the other day on my way to Target (of course) I saw a white sports car that said DWI kills. Upon further inspection I saw a little girl 8 maybe, in the front seat, no car seat, just sitting in the front of a sports car, on the way to the interstate. This car had a back seat mind you! I was furious, ya, DWI kills, know what else kills? Ignorant mothers who don’t take the time to realize how dangerous letting a small child ride in the front seat is! In the even of a crash if the seat belt didn’t kill her (from not fitting properly because of the child’s size) the air bag would! We won’t get into specifics, but it is a horrible way to go if a child is hit by an airbag. Why do these people get to procreate?

Here are Arkansas child safety guidelines:

-Children under 60 pounds, irregardless of age, MUST use a safety seat.
-Sitting in the front seat is not “recommended” unless the child is at least 12 years of age.
-All minors must be buckled.
-Rear facing until 1 year and 20 lbs. This has to do with spinal development, don’t tamper with this rule. It can easily lead to death or paralysis.


I know I seem hard core, but there are these rules for a reason. I know when we were kids these rules weren’t in play, but, when we were kids the infant crash mortality rate was significantly higher. Accidents are still the number one killer of children under the age of 10.

2 comments:

Laura said...

People can be pretty stupid. And I agree, there's a whole LOT of people who shouldn't be allowed to have children, basically b/c they do stupid stuff like this!!

Martindale News said...

I agree! Pretty dumb. I have called to report people like that and once I saw the police pick someone up after I made the call. Thanks for the informative info!