Thursday, April 30, 2009

Why I love Target pharmacy

Not only do the nicest people IN THE WORLD work there, they are also smart and really care about each person. So here's the story. I called my nurse (Celeste, who it totally the best) and asked if we could change my prescription from two 750 mg of extended release medicine taken once a day, to three 500 mg of extended release medicine once a day. Anyway, I get in the car all excited that my new medicine was only $6 instead of $76 like the old way was, and then I look at my bottle and realize it was the wrong dose. The problem is, I didn't explain it so well, and somewhere in the lost translation between me to Celeste to pharmacy person,(ok, so it was mostly me not saying it right that messed it up) I ended up with 500mg taken 3 times a day, not the ER. I was on this dose previously, and it was the one that made me hate food and digestion in general. So I call the pharmacy, and they say they will call my Dr tomorrow, and get it all taken care of. I then ask, what should I do tonight, and they say just come on up here we will give you a couple of pills to get you through tonight. I mean, how nice is that? So I already LOVE them, but to do just offer to do that, wow. Anyway, as if that wasn't enough, John and I had people over and by the time they left and he was on his way over, they would be closed, so I called and they said they could stay and wait for him. I said it was no big deal, I could just wait 'til tomorrow, but she said it was fine. So John goes the the pharmacy that was all closed up and they pharmacist was waiting for him in front of it, purse in hand ready to leave, with my medicine for tonight in hand, just like that. They deserve a medal, or trophy, or at least a cookie. Ahhh Target.

3 comments:

Martindale News said...

Now that is good customer service. I might try Target pharmacy, sounds pretty good!

Laura said...

Wow how impressive. Never would my pharmacy do such a thing. Good thing they are open until 7pm anyway.

Monica said...

I can tell you started your new job.. no new posts :) hope your job is going well!! Love ya!