Friday, November 21, 2008

Doe's Eat Place

Melanie and I went to the newest restaurant in Conway to get some dinner last night, but it turns out we didn't eat there. Once again, Melanie and I have attempted to eat, and it hasn't worked out as planned. Turns out their dinner menu consists of seafood (gag me) fish (I don't eat things that breath in poopy pond water) and steak. The food is in large portions meant to be shared, so since Melanie had no one to share her food with, we left. This little outing reminded us or our visit to Sonic we made a while back.
Here's the story (names have been left out to save the dignity of the people):
Once upon a time there was a beautiful blond headed girl who is a little bit too high maintenance and another amazing, smart, funny, energetic, mother of the year type (haahhahahahaaa.) These two happened to be working at the same place temporarily and both had been talking on their way to work, stating they were hungry. Both wanted breakfast food, but it was after the deadly cut off breakfast time of 10:30, so Sonic was the decided dining location. Well, The mother of the year jumped into the beautiful blonds car, and off they went. They order their food, and are ready to pay, then the mother of the year realized she left her purse, and had no money. Well, the blond being the wonderful girl she was, said, "don't worry friend, I'll pay for you" and she went to grab her debit card. Turns out, she had no wallet. Well, moty (mom of the year) said "hey, I have an account at that Bank of America over there, but we never use it, maybe I have enough left in there. I'll go over there and see if I can withdraw some cash!" Off she went. She found out she only had like $5 in that account, not the needed $8. Well, turns out a teller just gave her a 10 dollar bill and said to pay her back whenever she came back that way. (this is no lie people, it really happened this way.) Well moty was so excited, there would be breakfast, there would be food! During this time, Melanie (oops, I'll just use names now I guess) had already had a conversation with the lady who brought the food and she said it was okay, we could pay her later, but please do it before her shift ends, or she'd have to pay for it. So the beautiful blond was already laughing, at herself when I ran back into the parking lot. Well I was so excited I just opened the door and jumped in. I turned to tell Melanie of my new found money I realized, "hey, that's not Melanie!" I had opened the wrong door! It was a white suv, but not the one I came in. I mean, I was IN her car, sitting in her passenger seat! I told the terrified, wide-eyed- open-mouthed girl, "oh, sorry, wrong car" and hopped out of the strangers car to go over to Melanie's car. Melanie was laughing hysterically at me. Finally she told me that she'd found a credit card in her car and had put it in to try and pay, only for it to break off in there. We had to go tell the manager that the card was stuck in the machine, but we finally had cash to pay for the food! The manager was mad that Melanie had "broken" his expensive machine. So to sum it up, I borrowed money from a stranger, Melanie practically stole our food (I mean she took it without paying!) and then she broke the credit card machine, made the manager mad, oh and I tried to get in a strangers car, can't forget that. OH, what a day.

5 comments:

Martindale News said...

WoW, what a story! Can you imagine if someone was filming all this, it would make a good candid camera clip or youtube video. You are hilarious!

Cindi said...

HAHAHAHAHA, what ever happened with the $10 you got from the bank teller???? i wonder what training she received that said THAT was okay to do??!!! hmmmm, my work for a financial institution and write their training materials curiousity is now UP and standing on end.

Amy said...

you make me laugh Katie!
Your blog is anything but boring!

Monica said...

I have heard that story more than once but reading it made me cry! :)

Laura said...

Wow the things you get into! This is hilarious.