Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Since having Kailyn, I have decided that sleep is the most amazing of all of the functions we do as humans, really, it is. I find myself thinking of sleep by like 9 in the morning. Am I really that tired, or is it the fact that my brain no longer works as quickly as it once did and I think a nice power nap will help. In fact since having Kailyn nothing works like it once did. Am I alone in this, or are all you other women keeping it a secret from me?
Before Kailyn I never worried about lots of things like, lotion, sleep, my nails, my diet, if I'd peed that day or not, etc etc etc. Well, now I find myself asking Kailyn if she has to pee and then realizing it's like 4 in the afternoon and I haven't peed since I woke up that morning. I'm so dumb now. Really, I know, I know, some of you are like, Katie you've always been dumb, but that just simply isn't true. I never applied myself, but that doesn't mean I didn't have the capacity. Some people don't seem to notice, but those who weren't as close to me sure seem to notice. This may not make much sense, but trust me it's the truth. People who knew me and saw me frequently just see me as that goofy sarcastic kid they've known forever Oh, and the girl with a bad attitude, but odds are you were pissing me off, which happened a lot when I was like 16-18, due to extra hormones, mean doctors with bad news, and me just holding it all in. Those who didn't know me as well, saw what I was capable of, you know the part I never acted on. They are the ones who seems so shocked with my life, or lack of it. Well, this is just depressing, let's talk about pee again. Anyway Kailyn has given me a super bladder because she cried all the time, so when she was finally happy I refused to move, meaning I'd ignore my urge to go pee. Other things I've developed from pregnancy or birth that are still hanging around are dry skin, brittle nails, an even more super sensitive nose, and a big ol bunch of extra fat,(don't tell me I'm not fat, I'm not fishing for compliments here, I mean I've got an extra 35 pounds hanging around, I'm aware of it.) Was it all worth it? Heck ya, but was it just me? I swear with each push I lost brain cells (and I pushed for just over 3 hours.) I mean, I hear women talk about how they used to look, but is it just our bodies that change, or do we not talk about the rest? Oh, well, maybe it's just me.

5 comments:

Janae' said...

LOL!! Times it by 6 and you have me, only I pee a million times a day because they all wrecked my bladder!!! And now that they are teenagers I think I just might be more stressed and more tired than when they were toddlers..

John, Katie, Kailyn said...

Thanks for giving me hope!!!

Cindi said...

hahaha, it is not just you...we all go to the sh*tter in all ways i think as we get older and have kiddos...now the napping thing could have easily been a learned Baney thing over the years - that's what we do best! - so don't beat yourself up over that! i sit back somedays and think about how awesome i used to be when i was all organized and on schedule and not fat...and all that compared to how i am now - you can worry about it or you can embrace the crazy mixed up sleepy peeing too much person you are now a days....oh wait, hey that's me! hahahaha, well whatever you are or think you are not, Katie, you are a wonderful person and mother and we all adore you and look up to you! can't wait to see you next week!

Laura said...

What are you talking about you are not fat at all! You look good. Besides a little extra fineness is good for you!! You're a good mama! I could only hope to look as good as you once we have kids...if ever ha ha!

Monica said...

girl you kill me! I pee 50,000 times a day/night.... can you give me some bladder strength?