Sunday, November 2, 2008

Target

I love Target, really I do. If I could take it out to dinner I would. I also hate Wal-Mart. What? Wal-Mart? Yup, I don't like them. I hate pretty much everything about them, no take that back, I do hate everything about them. I will go to Target and Kroger instead of stepping one foot in that "one stop" shopping heck hole. The point of this is sometimes I see people in MY Target (yes, Target is my boyfriend, but John doesn't care because he benefits from this affair) anywho, these people often make me think, what are you doing here? You can't possibly appreciate all of the wonderfulness that is Target, just go to Wal-Mart, or Freds or something and stay away from my honey (Target.) Well, I saw these types of people just the other day. John and I were there putting off painting our house and we saw this family. Actually we heard this family because they were yelling at each other. We looked at them, and then each other and realized our mouths were dropped. When they passed us we heard the mom yell something about ".... where they was." John and I both are annoyed by bad grammar so I mumbled under my breath were, and John looked at a Target employee (who was also staring open mouthed) and said "where they were, not was, but were." The employee just laughed. Well, this family came back by later and said something, we had been tuning them out because we could hear them even when they were far away. Well since they were close we decided to listen and see what they were saying, then we realized they wanted us to move so they could get by (which annoyed me because the isles at Target are wide enough that you can get two carts through at a time, we didn't really need to move.) Well, we quickly moved and stupid me and my stupid manners I said "oh, sorry" even though I was not in the wrong at all. Well, this greasy haired lady mumbled something derogatory about my lovely husband and I couldn't believe it. Why were these people here. They smelled horrible, well, I don't actually know this for a fact because I refused to breathe when they were around. I mean, one daughter had such greasy hair, I actually thought it was wet at first until she got closer and I saw the dandruff all over it. For future references I am gagging right now just thinking about it. I mean, hygiene it does a body good. It makes the world a better place, just freaking bath people! The point of this whole blog was that this experience got me thinking about why I like Target so much more than Wal-Mart. Here's a list:
Target has
nice big parking places
nice big isles inside
bright lights
informed employees
employees with good hygiene
they have a family bathroom
They have clean bathrooms
they even have nice toilet paper in these bathrooms
they have nice people at the pharmacy!
actually the whole pharmacy experience is amazing
they have cute things for Kailyn
they have cute things for my house, I mean really cute things
when you page for some help, your hear a recording that someone will be there to help in less than one minute, and you know what, they really are!
they donate insane amounts of money to the community with no expectation of a return
you can not sell things on their property (I get very annoyed by this at other places)
I almost never have to wait to check out
It's not loud in there
they have a snack bar (food and shopping, that makes a woman happy)
Ok, that's all I can think of for now.

Here's why I hate Wal-Mart
they are bullies
they often actually make people produce inferior products so they can sell them cheaper
they have small isles and spaces
I see more stretch marks and belly fat there than at the white trash carnival
It is loud
employees are disgruntle
I have never had a successful pharmacy experience there
nobody knows were anything is.....ever
I am often oogled at by old creepy men
Wal-mart is evidently a day care, as I see multiple unsupervised children there
carts squeak and are uncontrollable

Yuck, that's enough for now.
If I've offended you, sorry. More power to the people that have the patience to shop at Wal-Mart. I just don't, and looking at my budget, I'm not spending more money by avoiding Wal-Mart.

5 comments:

Cindi said...

hahhahaa and we have a brand new Target going up in our little town. Hurray!

Janae' said...

LOL, You are funny. I use to work at Target and I spent my whole paycheck there and then some...

Martindale News said...

I like Target too, I do go to Wal-Mart more (because it is closer). I can see your point and now I am sure I will notice the difference more now that you pointed it out.

Katie said...

You made me laugh out loud with the stretch mark comment. Totally true. Angela once saw some lady using the display changing table at target to change her baby! There are some crazy people.

Laura said...

I agree w/ you I HATE Walmart for much of the same reasons but mostly b/c you go in there and buy 3 things you've spent $40 on nothing. I would much rather go to different stores to get what I need than step foot in Walmart.