Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No hot water!

So tonight I had to dye some ballet slippers for Kailyn's Halloween costume (I don't even feel like explaining this) and I was rinsing out the excess dye with some nice hot water. This went on forever, and ever, and ever.... anyway, there is still purple water coming out of them and I was tired on rinse ringing and repeating so I decided to put them in the washer. I set the washer to hot wash, cold rinse and a nice extra rinse. Well while rinsing I started the shower for Kailyn and asked her to get in (told her) and continued about my business. I told her to get in again, hurried her, raised my voice, etc. Then I started the washer and got a little more abrupt with her (you know, Kailyn Elizabeth, get your stinky butt in that shower before I take you out back and hose you off) anyway, I got the washer going and last I saw the kid she was just in her socks and panties, then she went into our bathroom. I thought the battle was over. I called my mom to tell her how the shoe dying went, and next thing I know, John is talking to Kailyn, in her room! I told my mom to hold on and yelled at her to get in the shower NOW! Well, she got in, butt naked (like most of us do) and said the water was cold. John turned up the hot and she checked it, with her head! Not her hand, she stuck her head under the water and guess what, we were out of hot water! She just stuck her head under nice cold water. Frigid water really. Oh, to be 6 again....

3 comments:

Cindi said...

hahahaha silly momma! :)

Martindale News said...

Ohhhhh poor child. I remeber having a child that didn't like to get in the shower, she/he would make you sit in the bathroom until the process was done. Until they were almost a teen. Difference though... water was warm. LOL

Laura said...

Very funny. I guess now she'll just use a finger when testing water huh!