Friday, October 3, 2008

Kailyn lost another dumb tooth

So, before I even tell you how she lost her latest tooth, there are some things you should know. She will leave a tooth in for as long as possible, way way way longer than you would think a tooth can stay in. The tooth before this almost sent me to the insane asylum. It was so loose, it moved when she talked. I took her to the dentist before we went out of town, because I didn't want any problems with it while we were gone. It was so loose that I was afraid food was getting caught between the top of her tooth and her gums. She convinced the dentist that he didn't really want to pull her tooth. She left the dentist with a fully numb mouth, and a toy. I left with a bad attitude and a kid with a freakishly loose tooth. She ended up loosing it when John smacked it out of her mouth. Yup, he smacked it out. We were driving home from Kentucky and she had it sticking out of her mouth, taunting me with it. I looked at John and said get that dumb tooth out now! Right now! He said, "we're not going to forget this trip for a long time." He unbuckled, turned around and said he was going to smack that tooth out. Kailyn was laughing so hard, she though he was joking. He literally swatted the tooth our of her mouth. He had to tell her it was in her lap, she didn't even believe him. With the exception of her first tooth, all of them have been a battle. She lost her first tooth by biting into a pear, we had no clue it was even loose, she was still in preschool. I, of course, wasn't prepared for her to do yet another thing earlier than her peers. Well, this last tooth fell out of her mouth. She wasn't touching it, she wasn't eating. It just fell out. It dropped on the floor. I mean, who lets their tooth get that loose? Now when people ask her who pulled her tooth, she can say gravity did. It has been loose since April by the way. Yup about 6 months, for one tooth. 6 down, way too many to go. I'll never make it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's so hilarious. And really 6 months for one loose tooth. John better get to smackin! HAHA