Sunday, October 19, 2008

Am I sick, or just stupid?

So, for those of you who know me, you probably know I hate being sick. It honestly annoys the crap out of me. I also have a complex (as a child I was always told I was a wus, not by my parents of course) and this complex makes me keep going, even when my body is begging me to stop. Well, my "cold" or "allergies" have turned into a full case of nasty. I now wheeze when I breath, and I constantly feel like I need to cough. Well, it hurts to cough, so I don't want to. I decided to break out the big guns and take this cough syrup I had prescribed to me a year ago. It has a narcotic in it, so I thought this would help. I was going to take some the other day, but thought it had expired, well no, I am just dumb and was thinking it was 2009. Tonight I realized it hadn't expired so I took some. I also took two benadryl at 7. Well here's where it gets funny (dumb) I was taking my nightly aleve (well, it seems like I take it nightly) and I was about to pop 2 benadryl in too, but then I realized that I had taken 2 only 2 hours ago. So I spit one out, but not the other one because it was already in my throat. I thought it would be okay tough, I mean it's just an extra benadryl right? Wrong. I just looked up my cough syrup because I was wondering if I could take more because I am still coughing. Well turns out my cough syrup also has an antihistamine in it. Here's what it said:
Tussionex contains a combination of chlorpheniramine and hydrocodone. Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. Hydrocodone is a narcotic cough suppressant.
So, what this means is, one I am doped up on bendaryl, which makes me loopy anyway,and occasionally makes me dream while awake, if that makes sense. I also have some other antihistamine in me, with a nice narcotic chaser. So, if anyone wants a good laugh, call me, I am evidently about to be very entertaining, or at the least, I'm about to be very easily entertained.

3 comments:

Cindi said...

OH NO I bet you are out of it now but seriously...I hope you are okay with all that stuff in you. Give us all a new post so we know you actually are OK!!!! Love you!

Laura said...

Feel better soon. You sound like me getting all dopped up just so something will work!

Janae' said...

Hey, I didnt know you had a blog.. I just saw on feedjit that you looked at mine and I was so excited to see you had one. I am adding you to mine as well. Chantelle LOVES you by the way..