Sunday, October 5, 2008

How did I forget?

In order for you to fully understand my frustration expressed in my last post you must know how Kailyn lost her second tooth. It was crazy loose, but of course she acted like I was trying to cutt off her leg if I tried to touch it. I decided to sneak in her room when she was asleep and give it a little ol' tug. The first night I tried it, I went in with a tissue on hand so my fingers wouldn't just slip off. Well, the tissue kept tickling her nose, so I decided to leave her alone and try again the next night. When she woke up the next morning I was in my bathroom getting ready for the day and she came in with this crazy look on her face. She didn't say anything, she just walked to the mirror, stared at her mouth for a minute then looked at me and said "Momma, last night I had a crazy dream!" I asked her what it was and she said "Well, I dreamed the tooth fairy came and tried to pull out me tooth!" It took all I had not to just fall in the floor laughing. I guess I disturbed her sleep more than I thought I did. The next night, I went in ready to get this done. I had tied tissue on my fingers with floss, in order to reduce slippage and not tickle her nose. I snuck in, pulled down that pouty bottom lip of hers and pulled her tooth, it pretty much just fell into my tissue covered fingers. I was so excited I ran into my room yelling "John, John, I pulled out her tooth" I was so proud of myself, she never even woke up.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow sounds like you really had to get down to business after that tooth. What did she say about it the next day?

John, Katie, Kailyn said...

When she just got up she ran to the mirrors and checked, and got all excited her tooth was gone, then she wanted to know where it was, she wanted money from the tooth fairy (even though she knows it's me.) She was mostly just excited for the money!

Cindi said...

you are just soooo awesome and smart! :)

Monica said...

I pulled Erin Jay's tooth this weekend and she exclaimed "ITS A DREAM COME TRUE!!"